I have been positively HOOKED on this Armor Chai blend from Q Sciences. I love their products and the science behind them, so much so that I knew I wanted to partner with the company as soon as I took the time to see what they had available… and with a lineup boasting nootropic mushrooms, full spectrum water soluble hemp and nanoparticle multi mineral vitamin complex that are fully methylated and individually chelated for 100% absorption, I was over the moon to actually experience what I knew was pretty cutting edge science. Pardon my excitement… but products that you don’t pee out are great… and with my particular penchant for “waste not, want not” it is the ultimate.
Back to the Chai blend though! I will have a cup in the afternoon as a no-coffee pick me up but so far I have put it in my hemp heart porridge, ice cream, cookies, smoothies and coconut yogurt. I love that it doesn’t have ginger (which I’m allergic to) so I can finally enjoy chai again. It is has immune boosting and cancer fighting mushrooms and is great for washing away brain fog. So… why not boost everything? Nootropics can get spendy but you get what you pay for. These are potent and extremely high quality and a little goes a long way.
I have been dreaming about enhancing my Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream with it of late so I gave it a go.
This is best when made with an ice cream maker like this one or like my Kitchen Aid Bowl Attachment but you can just remove the dish from the freezer every twenty minutes to give it a stir, or pour it into silicone popsicle molds.
I hope you enjoy it!
Nootropic Chai Coconut Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- Pyrex dishes
- 4 cups coconut milk or cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp monk fruit powder
- 1 tbsp beef gelatin
- 1-2 tsp vegetable glycerine
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 scoops Q Armor Chai
- Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan to 175ºF
- Add sweeteners while whisking
- Add beef gelatin while whisking
- Add gelatin and whisk
- Separate eggs and whisk the yolks
- Scoop out about a half cup of the hot coconut cream and start to drizzle it into the egg yolks while whisking. Keep adding until you have combined them. Repeat with another half cup of cream until eggs are fully tempered.
- Add the cream and egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan of cream and whisk.
- Add vanilla, vodka, Armor Chai and whisk.
- Pour contents into a heat safe dish and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and set/churn for 20 minutes. Alternatively you can freeze it and pull it out every twenty minutes to stir it until it is set, or pour into popsicle molds.