I love having easy breakfast for my kiddos… and because I practice intermittent fasting I like to put a pot of overnight millet porridge (a lectin free type of congee) in the instant pot once or twice per week. Feel free to add whatever you like… I tend to cook it most times with just salt and cinnamon but sometimes I will throw in a fig or a date and then mash it up in the morning. You can do this quickly as well by setting your pot to pressure cook for 15 minutes. You can incorporate this into a gut healing protocol as well.
Millet Porridge (Lectin free Congee)
- Instant Pot or slow cooker
- 1/4 cup Millet rinsed
- 2 cups water
- Pinch pink salt
- 1/2 cup millet rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- One diced fig or 2-3 pitted dates optional
- Coat interior pot of instant pot with coconut oil.
- Add millet, water, salt, cinnamon & dried fruit to internal pot.
- Seal. Close valve & set to 8 hours slow cook or 15 minutes on pressure cook with 15 minutes venting time. (30min total)